Feb 10, 2007

A brief introduction of UNNAT

Dear All,

At the very outset I must tell you that I'm writing this mail to request all of you to help me help my friends, Dr. Geeta Joshi, Ms. Hansa Joshi and Colonel Yashvant Joshi who are running an NGO called UNNAT Gramsamaj Nirman Kendra.

Dr. Geeta is associated with Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad, Ms. Hansa works for ISRO and Col. Yashvant – well, his title speaks of his profession! These three professionals in spite of having successful careers are committed and devoted to the noble and selfless activity of helping the underprivileged of the society. I've seen some of their activities, have also been to one of the slums and I'm truly inspired to do my bit for the society we live in.

As a first step I have decided to raise funds for UNNAT after I discovered that funds is a major issue UNNAT is facing. These three friends have to, in fact, use their own personal resources to run their NGO, and they are gladly doing it too! And the best part of it is that they are doing it silently, without announcing to anybody that they are using their own resources in the times of crisis! But how long can they manage like this is my concern and hence I've decided to raise funds for UNNAT; they have never told me to do so, it is my own wish to do it. I guess friendship is all about giving love & support to one another! It has been also my long cherished dream to help the downtrodden and the underprivileged and I've, in my personal capacity, done small bits in the past. But, that obviously did not reach a large section. And therefore when I learned about UNNAT I took it as a golden opportunity to reach out to many who don't have what we all have!

I do know that some of you are already attached to some NGOs or helping the society in your individual capacity. And I have a lot of admiration & respect for all of you who are doing it. Some of us have apprehensions about the sincerity and integrity of NGOs and 'social workers' and I understand that. Insofar the Unnat team is concerned I vouch for its integrity as well as sincerity.

Again coming to the main purpose of this mail, PLEASE CONTRIBUTE whatever you wish, whatever you can. Every rupee, dollar, pound, Euro or whichever currency you are dealing with that you give will help give 'good' and 'dignified' life to a child, to a woman and to many who don't have it, who don't really live but just exist!

When I learned that UNNAT doesn't have a website of its own, I being a software professional 'sermonised' my friends the importance of a website and suggested that they get one made immediately. Their reply was, "Of course we know but we don't have money for it!" They then briefed me that they have already done the necessary preparations required for the website but it costs minimum Rs.10, 000 to get one built and they don't have the required funds! Needless to say that this very much pained me and then I decided to collect funds for their website too. When I expressed my wish to the UNNAT team, it felt so grateful that they told me that they would write on their website the names of all the people who would contribute to making it. I strongly believe that if UNNAT can have a website, it can have a wider exposure and it can do more for the society than it is already doing.

Your donation would help build a better society, a better India, a better world! This is my personal appeal to you all, PLEASE, PLEASE CONTRIBUTE for this noble cause. It is my personal and independent decision to help Unnat to help the underprivileged, so PLEASE HELP ME.

Your contribution would get Income Tax exemption under section 80G(5) of the Income Tax Act, 1961. As mentioned in the attached document, you may send Cheques / DD drawn in favour of "Unnat Gramsamaj Nirman Kendra" payable at Ahmedabad or Vadodara. And for funds in foreign currency, please send cheques / DD drawn in favour of " Unnat Gramsamaj Nirman Kendra Trust" payable at Vadodara only.

If you wish to communicate with the UNNAT team then you may email to unnat_gram@yahoo.co.in or you may post letters to the following addresses:

UNNAT

Unnat Gramsamaj Nirman Kendra

A 52, Shashwat Apartments

Amapark Road , Shahibaug

Ahmedabad – 380 004

Phone: 079-26305657, 079-22681270

Unnat Gramsamaj Nirman Kendra

13, Temple View Apartments

Fatehganj

Vadodara – 39002

Phone: 0265-2785213

If you feel more comfortable sending your help to me then you may do so and I'll personally go and hand it over to the Unnat team. My postal address is:

C4/33, Goyal Intercity

Opp. T.V. Tower

Drive-in Road

Ahmedabad – 380054.

I conclude with the same request again, please HELP ME HELP OTHERS. And also please try to request your friends, colleagues, relatives and whomever you know to help.

Hoping to receive your generous help,

Warm regards,

Maunang

No comments: